- Pieces of colored felt big enough for your child’s hand print
- Appliqué sticky sheets for the non-sewing option
- Needle and thread color of your choice
- Piece of chalk to trace your child’s hand
- Sharpie Marker
- Tree Skirt – store bought or made from the patterns below:
- "Easy tree skirt" - (easy)
- "Easy velvet tree skirt" - (Medium Difficulty)
- "Tree skirt and scarf" - (Medium Difficulty)
1.) Have your children choose the color of felt they like the best. Iron on the Appliqué sticky sheets to each piece of felt. Let cool for a minute.
2.) Trace your child’s handprint onto the felt and cut out.
3.) Peel off the protective sheet from your Appliqué sticky sheets and iron the handprint onto your tree skirt anywhere you’d like to.
4.) You now have the option to sew some extra stitches around your handprints to really secure them on. I recommend this for anyone who plans on keeping this skirt for a long period of time.
5.) Write your child’s name, age, and the year onto each handprint.
I hope this idea helps your Christmas Season to be a little easier on your pocket book and more importantly I hope this helps to bring your family closer together at this wonderful time of year. Merry Christmas from my family to yours! Thanks for listening.