What You'll Need
- thick pieces of cardboard cut into 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches
- hole punch
- three key-rings
- different textured materials, etc
- permanent marker
Putting Your Touch Book Together
- Begin by collecting different textures from around the house. Materials like velvet or cordoroy are fun. Leather, sandpaper, feathers, bubble wrap, double-sided tape, or sponges all make intersting feelings, too.
- Glue each texture to a piece of cardboard. Name the textures using a permanent marker.
- Finally, punch holes in your pages and clip together with key-rings. You're Done!
A Fun Twist...
Try making a Noise Book along with your Touch Book. Use the same techniques as above, but fill your pages with things that make sounds when you touch them like bells, sticks that can be hit together, bags full of beans, etc. You're only limited by your imagination!
Thank You Aunty Cori!